Wednesday, September 23, 2020

STOP

I took a walk today and stopped to sit on a bench facing the water (pictured above). Behind me is a lot of traffic and noise but in front of me lies beauty and calmness. With my earbuds in and current favorite song on, I closed my eyes and there it was, what I wanted to feel...His presence. It can be challenging to stop. I wondered how many times I had actually taken time out at midday on a Monday to be still with God. The answer is I cannot remember. I'm sure this is often the case with most of us because we don't have the time. And we have other priorities. But the thing is, we do have the time. We just have to make it . It may take creativity or taking time away from something else but can we afford not to? My answer is no. Our God in Heaven longs to have a relationship with us. Relationships grow stronger when time is invested.


The song I was listening to has a chorus that goes something like "I see the evidence of your goodness all over my life." I've never felt that more than now. As I reflected on this past week, I was able to witness many people surrender to the Lord and seal where they will spend eternity. I saw my daughter light up like I've never seen her and shout with pure delight. I watched my son walk into a room and help lead kids his age to Christ.

Those reflections lead to a heart of gratitude. Contentment. Peace. Those three things are hard to find in the hustle and bustle.

Today, I would encourage whomever reads this to go somewhere quiet and turn on that song that speaks to you. Close your eyes, be still and call to God. He will meet you there... Actually, He's already there.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment